Chicken and butternut curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, diced
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Indian korma curry paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 750g butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 large courgette, trimmed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- lime juice, to taste, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 4 cups steamed basmati rice
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat a large frying pan or wok with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken, in batches, and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
2 Spray pan with a little more oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 more minutes or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, stock and butternut. Bring to the boil then cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut is tender.
3 Return chicken to pan with courgette. Simmer for 3 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Add brown sugar and lime juice to taste. Serve with rice and garnish with coriander and lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of curry paste and stock.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us