(at time of publication)
- 1 cup cooked green lentils, bulgar wheat or farro
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 dried dates, sliced
- 40g almonds or macadamia nuts, chopped
- 25g aged cheddar or manchego cheese, crumbled finely
- 1 cup sliced fennel
- 80g pan-fried or grilled chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups sliced spinach or silver beet
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
1 In a large bowl, add farro, lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Add salt and pepper and mix.
Step Add olives, dates, nuts, cheese, fennel and chicken. Mix together.
3 Add spinach, beans and mint and toss gently.
Make it gluten free: Use green lentils rather than farro or bulgar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 31g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.