(at time of publication)
- 1 cup cooked green lentils, bulgar wheat or farro
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 dried dates, sliced
- 40g almonds or macadamia nuts, chopped
- 25g aged cheddar or manchego cheese, crumbled finely
- 1 cup sliced fennel
- 80g pan-fried or grilled chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups sliced spinach or silver beet
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
1 In a large bowl, add farro, lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Add salt and pepper and mix.
Step Add olives, dates, nuts, cheese, fennel and chicken. Mix together.
3 Add spinach, beans and mint and toss gently.
Make it gluten free: Use green lentils rather than farro or bulgar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 31g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us