Warm satay chicken Buddha bowl
- 2 tablespoons smooth no-added-salt-or-sugar peanut butter
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- juice of ½ lime
- 400g chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 x 250g microwavable brown rice and quinoa
- 2 large carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch radish, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ¹⁄³ cup loosely packed fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Place peanut butter, coconut milk and lime juice in a large mixing bowl, whisking until smooth. Transfer half the sauce into a small jug and set aside.
2 Add chicken to mixing bowl, tossing to coat. Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning halfway, for 8 minutes or until cooked. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into pieces.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice mixture according to packet instructions.
4 Divide rice mixture among four serving bowls. Arrange chicken, carrot, radish and cucumber on top. Drizzle over reserved sauce and serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Instead of peanut butter, try using tahini (made from sesame seeds) to make the marinade and dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10.7g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.