Chicken and fennel sandwiches
- ¾ cup (120g) finely chopped barbecued chicken breast
- ¼ medium fennel bulb (75g), chopped finely
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices Helga’s Digestive Wellbeing Barley White Bread
- ½ lebanese cucumber (70g), sliced thinly
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
1 Combine chicken, fennel, chives, celery, yoghurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste.
2 Place 2 bread slices on serving plates. Spread the chicken mixture over bread slices; top with cucumber and butter lettuce. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices.
Swap: Use ½ baby fennel (70g), instead of the fennel bulb.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.4g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Snacks and Light Meals