Chicken and fennel sandwiches
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup (120g) finely chopped barbecued chicken breast
- ¼ medium fennel bulb (75g), chopped finely
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ lebanese cucumber (70g), sliced thinly
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
1 Combine chicken, fennel, chives, celery, yoghurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste.
2 Place 2 bread slices on serving plates. Spread the chicken mixture over bread slices; top with cucumber and butter lettuce. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices.
Swap: Use ½ baby fennel (70g), instead of the fennel bulb.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.4g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information