Chicken rice salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 portion Basic coleslaw mix (see tip)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- spray oil
- 1 portion Basic herby chicken mix (see tip)
- ⅓ cup dried dates, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ bulb roasted garlic (see tip), broken in cloves
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup oil-free French dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 From stored mixes, add dressing to Basic coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan with oil and cook chicken until lightly golden.
2 Drain rice and place in a serving bowl. Add coleslaw with dates, walnuts, apple, garlic, tomatoes and dressing. Toss. Top with chicken and serve with parsley.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information