Noodle soup with tofu
- 250g firm tofu, cut into 1cm thick chunks
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- spray oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- ¼ cup root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons mirin (rice wine) or sweet sherry
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 heads bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 600g medium egg noodles, cooked
- 100g spinach
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, shredded
1 Pat the tofu cubes dry on kitchen paper. Mix with the oyster sauce and set aside for
10 min. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil, add the tofu and cook over a high heat for a few min, until browned. Set aside.
2 Put the stock powder, ginger, mirin and soy sauce in a large pan with five cups boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2–3 min.
3 Add the pak choy and simmer for 1–2 min, until bright green. Add the noodles and spring onions, reserving a few onions, and return to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach and tofu.
4 To serve, divide among four serving bowls and top with the chilli and reserved spring onions.
Make it vegan Use a vegan oyster sauce substitute and choose vegan noodles.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.2g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 2.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like