Noodle soup with tofu
- 250g firm tofu, cut into 1cm thick chunks
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- spray oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- ¼ cup root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons mirin (rice wine) or sweet sherry
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 heads bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 600g medium egg noodles, cooked
- 100g spinach
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, shredded
1 Pat the tofu cubes dry on kitchen paper. Mix with the oyster sauce and set aside for
10 min. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil, add the tofu and cook over a high heat for a few min, until browned. Set aside.
2 Put the stock powder, ginger, mirin and soy sauce in a large pan with five cups boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2–3 min.
3 Add the pak choy and simmer for 1–2 min, until bright green. Add the noodles and spring onions, reserving a few onions, and return to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach and tofu.
4 To serve, divide among four serving bowls and top with the chilli and reserved spring onions.
Make it vegan Use a vegan oyster sauce substitute and choose vegan noodles.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.2g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 2.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.