Smoked salmon, beetroot and dill jacket potatoes
- 4 x large (300g) Sebago potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g hot-smoked salmon, skin and bones removed, roughly flaked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 50g packet cooked fresh beetrootbeetsX, drained, cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- dill sprigs and lemon wedges, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using a fork, pierce potatoes in six places. Place potatoes directly onto a rack in the oven. Bake for 1 hour.
2 During the last 15 minutes of cooking the potatoes, spray a medium non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set pan over medium heat. Sauté the leek for 4–5 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic and the flaked salmon; cook, stirring often, for 2–3 minutes, until hot. Add the chopped dill, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with cracked black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Keep warm.
3 Cut a deep cross into the top of each potato. Using a clean tea towel to hold the potato, squeeze gently to open the potato jacket. Top each potato with the salmon mixture and chopped beetroot. Top each with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with dill sprigs, and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.1g
–Saturated fat 3.2g
Dietary fibre 12.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.