Chilli beef and bean burritos
(at time of publication)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 350g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, no added salt
- 400g can four bean mix, drained
- 200g can chopped tomatoes, no added salt
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- shredded lettuce, grated carrot and reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and spices. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2 Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in beans and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
3 Spoon beef mixture atop tortillas. Garnish with lettuce, carrot and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Kids enjoy making these, so place meat, lettuce, carrot and yoghurt in serving dishes on the table.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.