Time to make: 45 mins , plus 30 mins chilling
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- For the crunchy crumb coating
- 1 3/4 cups cornflakes
- 1 slice whole grain bread, made into crumbs (or use prepared breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- For the nuggets
- 1 boneless chicken breast, minced (or approx 250g chicken mince)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder, dissolved in a few drops of boiling water
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
Total fat 3.5g
Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 1.2g
1 Place cornflakes in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to make fine crumbs. Combine cornflake crumbs in a bowl with breadcrumbs and black pepper.
2 Place yoghurt into a separate bowl and set aside.
3 Combine minced chicken, onion, seasonings and breadcrumbs, then add egg. Mix well. Using wet hands, form into 16 balls. The mixture is quite soft at this stage so treat it gently. Flatten each ball slightly to form a patty, then using a fork, dip a nugget into the yoghurt. When coated on both sides, gently shake off any excess and place into crumbs. Use a separate fork for coating with crumbs and when coated, place on a greased tray.
4 Continue until all nuggets are coated and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5 To cook prepared nuggets, spray lightly with cooking spray and cook under a moderate grill for around 20 minutes, turning twice during cooking to avoid burning. Serve hot with plenty of sauce for dunking.
Make a double batch and freeze uncooked nuggets for a quick kids' meal any time. Or make into burger patties instead of nuggets and serve with a salad. Also great to include in school lunch boxes.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)