Fruit and nut chocolate stars
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 12-hole star-shaped ice-cube trays or chocolate moulds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup natural sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut chips, roughly chopped
- 80g 70 per cent dark chocolate, melted
- 80g white chocolate, melted
1 Combine cranberries, almonds, pistachios and coconut in a bowl. Mix well.
2 Spoon about a 1/4 of a teaspoon each of melted dark and white chocolate into the base of each star-shaped ice-cube tray or mould. Fill each star with the fruit and nut mixture. Gently tap the trays on the bench.
3 Spoon the same amount of white and dark chocolate over the top of each. Tap on the bench again to settle the chocolate. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, or until firm.
4 Carefully pop the chocolate fruit and nut stars from the mould.
Make it gluten free: Check chocolates are gluten free.
Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or package as Christmas gifts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us