Roasted sweet potato, pecan and brown rice salad
- 750g sweet potatoes, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt, gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 250g packet microwavable brown rice
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted, chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potato, tamari and maple syrup in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Line a baking tray with foil and then baking paper, making sure to wrap over tray edges. Transfer potato and any remaining syrup mixture onto prepared tray, then bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add asparagus and cook for 1–2 minutes or until just tender. Refresh in cold water and drain.
3 Place lemon juice, olive oil and both mustards in a large salad bowl, whisking to combine. Heat rice according to packet instructions. Transfer roasted potato to salad bowl. Add asparagus, rice, celery, parsley, chives, spinach and pecans, gently tossing to combine. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 0.8g
Dietary fibre 4.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.