Time to make: 30 mins
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 cups canned, stewed or bottled fruit
- Crumble topping
- 2/3 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 2/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- 4 tablespoons milk
Total fat 6.3g
Saturated fat 0.8g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
1 Place all crumble ingredients in a bowl, then gradually add the milk last. Stir until mixed. The mixture should bind together when pressed but should not be sticky or wet, or the topping will be tough when cooked.
2 Place fruit in ovenproof baking dish, cover with topping and bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until topping looks browned and crisp.
Serve with custard or yoghurt.
- If using canned fruit, drain most of the liquid.
- Add the milk gradually as the mixture should still look crumbly – if the mixture is sticky the topping will be tough when cooked.
- Dried fruit can be added to the fruit for variety – add prunes, dates, figs, raisins or sultanas.
- Remember, a dish like this is an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)