Sweet chilli and lime fish skewers with coconut rice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 500g firm white fish (such as ling), cut into 3cm pieces
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted, to serve
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
- 2 bunches steamed broccolini, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place chilli sauce, lime juice and zest in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add fish, tossing to coat. Set aside to marinate.
2 Place rice, coconut milk and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked. Fluff with a fork.
3 Thread a piece of fish onto skewers, followed by capsicum and courgette. Repeat to fill skewers, finishing with fish. Lightly spray a chargrill pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook skewers for 1–2 minutes each side or until fish is cooked.
4 Divide rice among serving plates. Sprinkle with almonds and coriander, top with fish skewers, then serve with broccolini and lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.2g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.