Harissa beef stew with potatoes and cauliflower
Time to make: 1 hr 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 600g beef blade steak
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 1/2 head cauliflower, florets only
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX, mixed to paste with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Heat a heavy-based pot and spray with oil. When hot, add harissa paste, garlic and beef. Brown meat all over. Add onion and mushrooms. Fry until softened.
2 Add the remaining ingredients except cornflour and parsley. Stir well then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
3 Just before serving add cornflour paste to thicken sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and cornflour are gluten free.