Salmon, pineapple and BBQ corn salad bowl
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, diced (or peeled into ribbons)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 long green chilli, chopped, plus extra sliced chilli, to serve
- 2 large corn sweetcornXcobs, husks and silks removed
- 4 x 120g skinless salmon fillets
- ½ medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
1 Combine 2 tablespoons of lime juice, the sweet chilli, rice vinegar and soy sauce in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1–2 minutes, or until slightly reduced. Set aside.
2 Combine cucumber, avocado, herbs, chilli and the remaining lime juice in a bowl to make salsa.
3 Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan over high heat. Lightly spray corn and salmon with olive oil. Brush salmon with 1 tablespoon of the reserved chilli sauce mixture. Cook corn cobs, turning, for 6–8 minutes, or until lightly charred. Cook salmon for 2 minutes each side, or until done to your liking. Cook pineapple for 2 minutes each side until sticky.
4 To serve, cut corn kernels from cob. Divide the rice, salad leaves, corn, pineapple, salmon and cucumber salsa between four serving bowls. top with extra sliced chilli, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26.9g
–Saturated fat 5.5g
Dietary fibre 11.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.