Harissa beef stew with potatoes and cauliflower
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 600g beef blade steak
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- ½ head cauliflower, florets only
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX, mixed to paste with 2 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Heat a heavy-based pot and spray with oil. When hot, add harissa paste, garlic and beef. Brown meat all over. Add onion and mushrooms. Fry until softened.
2 Add the remaining ingredients except cornflour and parsley. Stir well then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
3 Just before serving add cornflour paste to thicken sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and cornflour are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us