Harissa beef stew with potatoes and cauliflower
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 600g beef blade steak
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- ½ head cauliflower, florets only
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX, mixed to paste with 2 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat a heavy-based pot and spray with oil. When hot, add harissa paste, garlic and beef. Brown meat all over. Add onion and mushrooms. Fry until softened.
2 Add the remaining ingredients except cornflour and parsley. Stir well then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
3 Just before serving add cornflour paste to thicken sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and cornflour are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.