Jaffa nut bar
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate peanut butter (we used Fix & Fogg)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 180°°C. Line 20cm-square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except cacao nibs until well combined.
- Tip mixture into the baking tray. Spread evenly, sprinkle with cacao nibs and press down firmly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and firm up a bit in the tray, before tipping onto a flat surface and slicing into 24 pieces.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
If you can’t find cacao nibs, use chocolate chips instead.
You can chop nuts way bigger than pictured.
Use fresh olive oil because the taste gets stronger as it ages.