Jaffa nut bar
- ½ cup roughly chopped cashews
- ½ cup roughly chopped almonds
- ½ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dark chocolate peanut butter (we used Fix & Fogg)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180°°C. Line 20cm-square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except cacao nibs until well combined.
- Tip mixture into the baking tray. Spread evenly, sprinkle with cacao nibs and press down firmly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and firm up a bit in the tray, before tipping onto a flat surface and slicing into 24 pieces.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
If you can’t find cacao nibs, use chocolate chips instead.
You can chop nuts way bigger than pictured.
Use fresh olive oil because the taste gets stronger as it ages.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us