Moroccan chicken and chickpeas
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut into 2cm cubes
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 600g chicken breast fillets, cut into thick strips
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- 2 bunches broccolini, steamed, to serve
1 Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add eggplant and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, lightly spray a frying pan with oil. Sprinkle chicken with Moroccan spice. Add to pan and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes. Set aside.
3 Add chickpeas to tomato mixture, stirring to heat through.
4 Heat rice according to packet instructions. Divide rice among four serving bowls and top with chickpea mixture, chicken and broccolini. Serve immediately.
Instead of broccolini, you can serve this dish with broccoli florets, sliced green beans or any other green vegetable.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10.2g
–Saturated fat 2.8g
Dietary fibre 14.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like