- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice and grated zest
- ⅓ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut in 3cm lengths, plus extra, to garnish
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut in florets
- 250g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 3 cups cooked rice, to serve
- Mix lemon juice, stock, honey, Chinese rice wine and cornflour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil. Place over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2–3 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Spray wok with a little more oil. Add onions, ginger and lemon zest. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and snow peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return chicken to wok with honey mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Garnish with extra onions. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour and stock varieties are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us