Speedy tuna niçoise
- 4 eggs
- 150g baby green beans, trimmed, blanched
- 1¹⁄³ cups frozen baby peas, blanched
- 2 x 185g cans flaked tuna in chilli oil, drained, oil reserved
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ²⁄³ cup torn basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise, blanched
1 Cook the eggs in boiling water for about 5 minutes for a soft yolk, or until cooked to your liking. Drain the eggs; refresh in cold water. Peel and halve.
2 Combine the beans, the frozen peas, tuna, onion, olives and the basil in a large bowl. Whisk the reserved tuna oil, mustard and the juice in a small bowl. Add to the tuna salad; toss to combine.
3 Serve topped with sugar snap peas and egg. Season with some freshly ground black pepper.
If you can’t find tuna in chilli oil, you can create your own by using canned tuna in spring water and adding 1 tablespoon of chilli oil to the dressing mix.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.1g
–Saturated fat 2.5g
Dietary fibre 7.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.