Mexi-style pasta salad
- 200g pasta shells
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small avocado, cut into 1cm pieces
- 320g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 400g can no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 60g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¹⁄³ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled jalapeño slices (optional)
- 75g organic natural corn sweetcornXchips
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain again.
2 Meanwhile, place yoghurt, sour cream and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then whisk to combine. Divide lime dressing evenly among four 3-cup capacity jars with screw-top lids.
3 Layer jars with salad ingredients, starting with avocado and pasta, then tomato, corn, capsicum, onion, spinach and coriander. Top with jalapeños,
if using, and corn chips. Secure with lids. Tip jar contents into bowls when ready to serve.
Portable picnic – Salads can be tricky to transport, but making them in jars keeps them fresh until lunchtime. Pour dressing into jars first, then tip contents into bowls when ready to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.3g
–Saturated fat 4.2g
Dietary fibre 10.4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.