Pesto mashReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- Pesto mash
- 1.25kg floury potatoes (such as agria, red rascal, fianna), unpeeled, scrubbed, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup almond flakes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Place potatoes in a pot of cold, lightly salted water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain. Return to pot for a few minutes to dry off. Mash roughly with milk.
2 While potatoes are cooking, place all pesto ingredients in a blender or use a stick blender to process until smooth.
3 Mash potatoes until completely smooth. Stir in pesto roughly to give a marbled effect.
Serve mash with basil (to garnish), and with baked fish and a spinach and rocket salad.
For a really smooth mash, use a masher then beat with a fork.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information