Tikka cauliflower with mint yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tikka paste
- 450g cauliflower, cut into 1cm slices
- ¹⁄³ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 250g mixed baby tomatoes, sliced
- 4 baby cucumbers, cut into thin wedges (or 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons)
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, halved
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place oil and tikka paste in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add cauliflower, tossing to coat (slices may break apart). Transfer to prepared tray and arrange in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, place vinegar and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Add onion, gently stirring to separate layers. Set aside to pickle for 5 minutes. Drain.
3 Combine yoghurt, lemon juice and mint in a small bowl.
4 Divide spinach, cauliflower, tomato, cucumber and pickled onion among pita pockets. Serve drizzled with mint sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.8g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 8.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Baby spinach recipes