Chickpea and vegetable crumble
- 250g parsnips, cut into batons
- spray oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup ricotta
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 250g vacuum-packed beetrootbeetsX, cut into chunks
- handful finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- For the crumble topping
- ½ cup wholemeal plain flourall purpose flourX
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1 Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Boil the parsnips for 5 min, then drain.
2 Meanwhile, make the crumble topping: put the flour and low-fat spread in a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles chunky breadcrumbs. Stir in the hazelnuts and season with pepper.
3 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set it over a low heat. Cook the shallots for 5 min. Add the parboiled parsnips and cook for 5–10 min. Stir in the wine, ginger, allspice, cheese and stock and cook for 2–3 min until slightly reduced. Add the chickpeas and season with pepper.
4 Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the beetroot and parsley. Divide the mixture between 2 x 350ml ovenproof dishes and top with the crumble. Bake in the oven for 20–25 min until the topping is golden and the filling is piping hot.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.9g
–Saturated fat 4.1g
Dietary fibre 21.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information