Pita bread pizza with chicken and grilled veges
(at time of publication)
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in ribbons
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 wholemeal pita breads
- 8 tablespoons tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX salad, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Preheat a chargrill or grill to medium-high. Cook courgettes, mushrooms and capsicum, turning, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
2 Place pita bread on a large lined baking tray. Spread sauce over pitas and sprinkle equally with 2/3 cup cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, tomatoes, chicken and the remaining cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bases are crisp. Sprinkle with basil and serve with salad.
- Use any veges you have on hand or leftover roasted vegetables.
- Replace the final 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese with feta, ricotta or bocconcini cheese.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us