Chicken katsu salad
- 1 egg, whisked, plus 4 extra, fried, to serve
- ²⁄³ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut in half horizontally
- 400g wok-ready udon noodles, blanched
- ¼ red cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 tablespoons miso and sesame salad dressing
- 50g roasted edamame
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an oven tray with olive oil, then line with baking paper.
2 Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place panko in another shallow bowl. Working with one fillet at a time, dip into egg, then panko to coat. Place on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. When cool enough to handle, thinly slice.
3 Meanwhile, place noodles, cabbage, carrot, onion and half the coriander in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with salad dressing, tossing to combine.
4 Divide noodle mixture among four serving plates. Top each with sliced chicken and fried egg. Serve chicken katsu salad sprinkled with edamame, black sesame seeds and remaining coriander.
Find roasted edamame in the Asian food aisle of large supermarkets or make your own by roasting beans for 15 minutes at 190°C.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.3g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 6.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.