Salmon and egg filo strudel
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 25 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus oil spray
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or 3—4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 300g salmon, poached or steamed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 150g reduced-fat ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1 small cucumber, finely sliced
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 500g baby potatoes, boiled
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Sauté onions, celery and courgette with thyme until softened. Add salmon with lemon zest and juice and heat through. Take off heat. Add ricotta, parmesan and eggs. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Preheat oven to 190°C. Take half the sheets of filo and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Spray with oil. Place half the veges and salmon at one end of the sheets, leaving a 5cm gap from the edge of the pastry. Flatten out to cover one third of the pastry.
3 Fold the pastry over the filling from the 5cm free end to secure it, and roll up firmly like a strudel. Place on a baking tray. Spray with oil. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets and filling.
4 Bake for 25—30 minutes until golden-brown and crispy. Meanwhile mix all salad ingredients together.
5 Cut each strudel into three even pieces. Serve with salad.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)