Chickpea couscous with horseradish yoghurt and smoked salmon
- 1 cup wholegrain couscous
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 lemon
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 50g snow or sugar snap peas
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- ½ small fennel, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¹⁄³ cup chopped fresh dill, plus extra, to garnish
- handful of mint leaves, torn
- 100g baby spinach
- ½ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 300g hot smoked salmon
1 Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Dissolve stock cube in 1 cup of boiling water, then pour over couscous. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Pour boiling water over peas and set aside for 5 minutes.
2 Fluff the couscous with a fork, then drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and season with pepper.
3 Drain the peas and add to the couscous along with chickpeas, snow peas, cucumber, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, dill, mint and spinach. Place in a serving bowl. Mix together the yoghurt and the horseradish and drizzle over salad. Flake salmon over the top, garnish with extra dill fronds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19.4g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 10.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information