Spinach and potato curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 stick lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 275ml Trident Lite coconut milk
- 450g potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup liquid salt-reduced vegetable stock plus 1 cup water
- 4 shallots, halved then quartered
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 250g baby spinach
1 Make a paste by blending coriander, ginger (if using), lemongrass and garlic together to form a paste by using a stick blender or processor.
2 In a non-stick pan heat oil and stir in paste. Add coconut milk and stir for 1 minute. Add potatoes, soy sauce, sugar and curry powder. Stir well then bring to the boil. Add vegetable stock and water. Return to a boil.
3 Add quartered shallots and mushrooms. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, cook the rice.
4 Add spinach and cook for 3 more minutes. Serve curry with rice.
Garnish with fresh coriander and a spoonful of low-fat plain yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free and use gluten-free soy sauce and stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.