Tortilla with tomato salsa and chive dip
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked potato (mashed or diced small and roasted)
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 handfuls chopped spinach or silver beet
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup trim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon or 1 lime, juiced and zested (or 2 tablespoons ciderhard ciderX vinegar)
- Chive dip
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a cast-iron or ovenproof pan over a medium heat on stove top. Gently cook onion and garlic until soft but not browned. Add potato and peas and cook, stirring, until heated through. Add carrot and spinach.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together with salt, parsley and parmesan. Pour over the potato pea mix and shake pan to mix well. Place pan in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix all salsa ingredients together. In another small bowl mix chives into sour cream. Serve tortilla with salsa and chive dip.
Make it gluten free: Check cider vinegar (if using) and sour cream are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us