Tuna and vegetable fettuccine
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups passata
- 425g can tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- 250g fresh tricolour egg fettuccine
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 2 large carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 Pour passata and 1/2 cup water into a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add tuna, garlic and basil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Season tuna mixture with cracked black pepper.
2 Meanwhile, cook fettuccine following packet directions. Drain pasta and return to pan.
3 Add courgettes, carrots and shallots. Toss gently to combine and cover to keep warm. Top fettuccine with tuna mixture and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us