- 200g mixed small capsicums or 2 large capsicums, cut into thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g oyster mushrooms
- 250g bag baby leaf spinach
- 8 small slices wholemeal bread
- For the tamarind tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- For the avocado and bean mash
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- juice 1 lemon
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the capsicums on a roasting tray and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Roast for 25–30 min until soft and starting to blister.
2 Meanwhile, for the tamarind tomatoes, heat the 1 teaspoon oil in a medium saucepan. Add the spring onions and fry for 5 min, then add the grated ginger, chilli and tamarind paste. Fry for 2–3 min, then add the chopped tomatoes and agave nectar. Simmer for 15 min until thick, then season with black pepper.
3 To make the avocado and bean mash, put the avocado and butter beans in a medium bowl and mash together. Then add the lemon juice, garlic and sumac and season with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside until needed.
4 Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and fry over a medium-high heat for 5–8 min until soft and starting to caramelise. Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan, then add the spinach and stir-fry until wilted. Toast the bread.
Serve the avocado mash, capsicums, mushrooms and spinach with a generous dollop of tamarind tomatoes and the toast on the side.
Make ahead: The tamarind ketchup will keep in a sealed container in a cool place for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 25g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.