Tuscan tuna mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 250g instant wholegrain rice
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 marinated red peppersbell peppersX, diced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- ¼ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning*
- olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Trim mushrooms stalks and finely chop. Set aside.
2 Cook rice following packet directions. Place in a bowl. Add mushroom stalks, ricotta, peppers, spring onion, tuna and seasoning.
3 Spoon equal amounts of tuna mixture into each mushroom and press down slightly. Transfer to an ovenproof dish sprayed with oil. Spoon 4 tablespoons hot water into base of dish.
4 Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
Mixed green salad
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us