Tuscan tuna mushrooms
(at time of publication)
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 250g instant wholegrain rice
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 marinated red peppersbell peppersX, diced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- ¼ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning (see tip)
- olive spray oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Trim mushrooms stalks and finely chop. Set aside.
2 Cook rice following packet directions. Place in a bowl. Add mushroom stalks, ricotta, peppers, spring onion, tuna and seasoning.
3 Spoon equal amounts of tuna mixture into each mushroom and press down slightly. Transfer to an ovenproof dish sprayed with oil. Spoon 4 tablespoons hot water into base of dish.
4 Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Mixed green salad
Make it gluten free Check seasoning is gluten free
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
Last updated date: 1 March 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information