White bean mash with wilted spinach, courgette and tomato
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut into batons
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, trimmed, diced into 2cm cubes
- oil spray
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves, plus extra 1 tablespoon, to garnish (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta
- 150g baby spinach, wilted
- 4 slices wholegrain toast, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put courgette and eggplant on prepared tray; spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, turning once. Add tomato to tray and drizzle vegetables with vinegar. Roast for 10 minutes, or until veges are golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add garlic and sage to pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add beans and vege stock; cook for 2-3 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Mash until almost smooth (keeping some texture), then stir ricotta through mash and remove from heat.
3 Put 1 slice toast on each serving plate; top with mash, roast veges and spinach. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g