Italian-style chicken with fettucine
- 300g high-fibre fettucine
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced 3 fresh rosemary sprigs,
- leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, fat trimmed, roughly chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 500g punnet baby truss tomatoes, cut in half
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan, to serve
1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well. Set aside.
2 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over high heat. Working in batches, add chicken and cook for 1–2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
3 Add rosemary, onion, garlic, bacon and mushroom to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Return chicken to pan. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 3–4 minutes or until chicken is warmed through. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until just softened and sauce in pan has reduced. Add baby spinach and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted.
4 Return pasta to pan, tossing to combine with chicken and veg. Divide among four serving bowls and serve sprinkled with shaved parmesan.
Reserve a little of the pasta cooking water when you drain in step one, then add with mushrooms in step three to help with the cooking process.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.8g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 10.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.