Apple and fig crumble with nutty muesli topping
- Dot’s Cooking Oil Spray
- DēLonghi Kettle
- 6 (about 1kg) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced in thin wedges
- 4 wide strips orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Ceres Organics Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Tasti Ready to Eat Figs, chopped in small pieces
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup Sanitarium Toasted MuesliGranolaX, Nuts & Seeds
- 4 tablespoons Ceres Organics Wholegrain Rolled OatsOatmeal uncookedX
- 1 ½ tablespoons Countdown Essentials Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Ginger
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 1 litre round baking or pie dish with oil.
- Boil kettle. Place apples, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon and figs in a large saucepan. Pour in 1/2 cup boiling water. Once bubbling, reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until apples are softened and water has evaporated. Spoon apple and fig mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine muesli, oats, sugar and ginger. Sprinkle over apples and spray with oil.
- Bake crumble for 15 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, DēLonghi, Dot’s, Sanitarium and Tasti.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us