Macadamia crumble pots with squash and chickpeas
- spray oil
- 1 squash, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 litre low-salt vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 250g fresh baby spinach (or 100g frozen spinach)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 500g steamed green beans, to serve
- For the crumble topping
- 1 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¾ cup jumbo oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ⅓ cup vegan-friendly spread
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Spray a baking tray with oil and put the squash on top. Spray with more oil to coat, then roast for 20–30 min until golden brown with caramelised edges. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
2 Meanwhile, make the topping. Put the flour, oats and thyme in a large bowl, season with black pepper and mix well. Add the spread and rub in with your fingertips to create a crumbly texture. Add the chopped macadamia nuts, mix well, then set aside.
3 In a large deep non-stick frying pan, fry the onion for 10–15 min over a low heat until soft and translucent. Add the chickpeas, stock, mustard, spinach and herbs, bring to a simmer and cook for a few min.
4 Mix the cornflour in a little water and stir into the pan so the mixture thickens slightly, then add the roasted squash and season with the white pepper. Divide the mixture among 6 ramekins or dishes, filling them about three-quarters full, then top with the crumble mixture. Put the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 30–40 min until the topping is golden brown and the filling underneath is bubbling. Serve with the green beans.
If freesing, reheat in the oven for 25 min (no need to thaw).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19.2g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 10.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.