Chicken, kale and strawberry salad
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 350g broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g podded edamame
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 120g kale leaves, roughly torn
- 250g strawberries, thinly sliced
- 80g reduced-fat feta, crumbled, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio kernels, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray chicken with olive oil and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer to a clean board and rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
2 Meanwhile, steam broccoli and edamame over a saucepan of simmering water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water and drain.
3 Place olive oil, juice, mustard and maple syrup in a large salad bowl, mixing well to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Add kale, massaging leaves into dressing to soften. Add broccoli, edamame, strawberries and chicken, gently tossing to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with feta and pistachios.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.3g
–Saturated fat 4.7g
Dietary fibre 7.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.