Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 medium-sized banana
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Peel banana and place it in a bowl. Mash with a fork.
2 Crack eggs into bowl and mix until a smooth batter forms.
3 Heat a small frying pan with a bit of oil spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon batter at a time and drop in pan to form miniature pancakes. Fry for 1-2 minutes until pancake top looks dry. Turn over with a spatula and fry for another 30 seconds. Sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.
These pancakes are delicious on their own but you can also eat them with low-fat natural yoghurt.
- Make it gluten free: Check ground cinnamon is gluten free.
- Experiment by adding a handful of (fresh, defrosted or from a can) berries to the batter after the eggs are mixed in, in step 2.
- If the bananas are not exactly medium-sized or the eggs are small, don’t worry. The recipe will still work. If the pancakes tend to fall apart, add another egg.
- To make sure each egg is fresh, crack it into a separate cup first. If you smell anything unpleasant (sulphur), or if the egg yolk looks flat and the egg white runny like water, don’t use it.
- Ripe or even slightly over-ripe bananas work best for this recipe.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us