- 1 medium-sized banana
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- spray oil
- fresh fruit, to serve (optional)
- low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve (optional)
1 Peel banana and place it in a bowl. Mash with a fork.
2 Crack eggs into bowl and mix until a smooth batter forms.
3 Heat a small frying pan with a bit of oil spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon batter at a time and drop in pan to form miniature pancakes. Fry for 1-2 minutes until pancake top looks dry. Turn over with a spatula and fry for another 30 seconds. Sprinkle with cinnamon to serve or add fresh fruit and yoghurt, if desired.
These pancakes are delicious on their own but you can also eat them with low-fat natural yoghurt and berries or other fruit.
- Make it gluten free: Check ground cinnamon is gluten free.
- Experiment by adding a handful of (fresh, defrosted or from a can) berries to the batter after the eggs are mixed in, in step 2.
- If the bananas are not exactly medium-sized or the eggs are small, don’t worry. The recipe will still work. If the pancakes tend to fall apart, add another egg.
- To make sure each egg is fresh, crack it into a separate cup first. If you smell anything unpleasant (sulphur), or if the egg yolk looks flat and the egg white runny like water, don’t use it.
- Ripe or even slightly over-ripe bananas work best for this recipe.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like