Beef, lentil, beetroot and feta salad
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, drained and rinsed
- 150g rocketarugulaX and/or baby spinach leaves
- 425g can baby beetrootbeetsX, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced in half moons
- 300g sliced roast beef
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 4 thick slices wholegrain bread stick, to serve
1 Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl, add the drained lentils; mix, set aside.
2 On a large platter, arrange the rocket and/or spinach leaves, the beetroot and cucumbers. Spoon the lentils evenly over the salad and drizzle with any extra dressing.
3 Cover with slices of roast beef and then crumble over the feta. Sprinkle with seeds and garnish with mint leaves. Add cracked black pepper to taste. Serve with sliced bread stick.
If you have time, try this meal with freshly cooked baby beets from the fruit and veg section of your supermarket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.0g
–Saturated fat 4.1g
Dietary fibre 10.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.