Broccoli and cauliflower ‘rice’ with summer veges
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 3/4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, chopped
- 3/4 cup snow peas or green beans, trimmed, halved
- 250g shredded cooked chicken
- 200g punnet mixed tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari, to serve
- 4 slices multigrain sourdough bread
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Lightly toast coconut, stirring, for 1–2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower and broccoli florets until they resemble rice. Add oil to coconut pan and return to heat. Add cauliflower and broccoli ‘rice’, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, for 3–4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and snow peas. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken and warm through. Toss through tomatoes, spring onions and fresh herbs, if desired.
- Divide mixture among 4 bowls. Drizzle with tamari, and scatter with toasted coconut and herbs, if you like. Serve with multigrain sourdough bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread, and gluten-free soy sauce instead of tamari.
This recipe can be used as part of the Kick-start Plan.