Café scramble with smoked salmon
- 8 baby red-skinned potatoes, cut in thick slices (or use bigger potatoes cut in chunks)
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil, for frying
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper, to season
- ⅓ cup trim milk
- 100g cold-smoked salmon slices, cut in thin slivers
- handful parsley or chives, chopped
1 Place prepared potatoes in a pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 minutes then drain. Return pan to the heat to dry potatoes.
2 In a large frying pan, heat oil and add potatoes. Fry until golden and crispy. Toss in onion and capsicum pieces. When they begin to soften, add mushrooms. Stir in chilli flakes, capers and spring onion. Then prepare eggs.
3 Break eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and add milk, half the salmon and half the chopped herbs.
4 When it's time to eat, pour egg mixture into pan with vegetables. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to gently scramble eggs and mix with vegetables. When eggs are set, spoon mixture onto a warmed platter or plates. Top with remaining salmon and sprinkle remaining herbs on top.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us