Charred corn with chunky coriander salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 corn sweetcornXcobs in husks
- 1 small bunch fresh coriandercilantroX (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- 6 baby gherkins
- 1 lime, juice, plus extra for wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Heat a barbecue hotplate or set a large non-stick grill pan over a high heat. Place corn cobs in husks on hotplate or in pan and grill, turning every 2 minutes, for 15 minutes or until cobs are charred and browned all over.
2 Meanwhile, to make salsa, place coriander, jalapeños, gherkins and lime juice in a small food processor. Blend to combine until salsa texture is chunky. Add oil to salsa and stir to combine.
3 Peel husks from grilled corn cobs and discard (be careful as some hot steam will escape). Arrange corn cobs on a large serving platter. Scatter hot cobs with parmesan.
4 Serve charred corn cobs with a side of salsa (or drizzled over corn) and lime wedges.