Chia, almond and herb-crusted fish
(at time of publication)
- 600g small new potatoes, halved
- spray oil
- ¼ cup (40g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or sesame seeds
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated zest of lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 1 bunch steamed broccolini, to serve
- 2 cups steamed beans, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place potatoes, cut-side up, on 1 prepared tray. Spray potatoes with oil and roast for 25 minutes or until tender and golden.
2 Meanwhile, place almonds, chia seeds, parsley, fresh chives and lemon zest in a food processor. Blend until finely chopped. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Blend until well combined and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Press one-quarter of the almond mixture on top of each fish fillet. Place fish on the other prepared tray and spray with oil. Bake fish for 12 minutes or until the thickest part flakes easily.
4 Serve fish with roasted potatoes and steamed greens.
Almonds are low FODMAP in 12g serves and broccolini is low FODMAP in 1/2-cup serves, however larger serving sizes of these foods do become high FODMAP. This recipe is low FODMAP providing you divide it into the recommended number of serves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.