Baked mustard salmon with white bean puree
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 x 120g skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons garlic-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 400g can no-added-salt cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 150g green beans, steamed, sliced lengthways, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place mustard and maple syrup in a small bowl, mixing to combine. Place fish on prepared tray and brush with mustard mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons lemon zest and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cannellini beans and stock and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Roughly mash, keeping some texture. Stir through one tablespoon lemon juice and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Divide mash among serving plates. Top with fish and serve with green beans and lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free Check mustard is gluten free and use gluten-free chicken stock
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25.9g
–Saturated fat 5.5g
Dietary fibre 17.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like