Chicken and corn quiche
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups trim milk
- 75g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 275g (2 cups) lean cooked chicken breast, diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups spinach, roughly torn
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 Lightly grease a 3 litre-capacity ovenproof dish or 6 small ovenproof dishes. Preheat oven to 180°C. Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in flour centre and stir in eggs, milk and spread.
2 Add chicken, onions, corn, mushrooms and half of the spinach, capsicum and tomatoes. Mix together until all ingredients are combined.
3 Spoon into a prepared ovenproof dish and cook for 40-45 minutes until set. Small quiches will take 20-25 minutes. Serve with a salad made with the remaining spinach, capsicum and tomatoes.
- You can add a little bit of curry powder or chilli powder to this dish when adding eggs and milk for a little spice.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free self-raising flour and bread. Check cheese is gluten free if using pre-grated.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information