Pear, strawberry and pistachio crumble
- 6 pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups sliced frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- ¾ cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup pistachio nut kernels, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup gluten-free plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil spread
- 1 tablespoon honey
1 Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 4-cup capacity baking dish.
2 Place pears, honey and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until pears are just tender. Toss strawberries in flour before adding to pan. Cook, stirring to combine, for 1 minute or until mixture is slightly thickened. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
3 To make crumble, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using clean fingertips, rub ingredients together until coarse crumbs form.
4 Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over fruit in dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before dividing among six serving bowls. Sprinkle with extra pistachios and serve dolloped with yoghurt.
You can use any fresh or frozen berries you like in this crumble. You can also replace pistachios with almonds or walnuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.1g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 8.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.