Chicken and prawn pad Thai
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 200g peeled raw prawns, tails removed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into thirds
- ¹⁄³ cup pad Thai stir-fry paste
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges, to serve
- 150g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2 Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and prawns and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Add egg to pan and cook, stirring to break up, for 1 minute or until set. Transfer to bowl with chicken and prawns.
3 Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add capsicum and broccolini and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until almost tender. Add noodles and paste, tossing to combine. Return chicken, prawns and egg to pan. Add juice, two-thirds of the sprouts and two-thirds of the onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until heated through and combined.
4 Divide among bowls. Top with remaining sprouts, onion and peanuts. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.8g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 5.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.